Hello everyone! It’s been absolutely ages since I last participated in a read-a-thon, so although I do not have a BookTube account, I decided to participate in the reading side of the BookTube-A-Thon this year. For those of you who do not know what the BookTube-A-Thon is….
This year the reading challenges are:
- Read 7 books.
- Read a hyped book.
- Read a book you bought because of the cover.
- Read about a character that is very different from you.
- Read a book completely outside.
- Read a book in one day.
- Read a book with a person on the cover.
I hope to complete them all, although ideally I’m aiming to read 8 books not 7, but I don’t know whether I will complete that goal. My overall page count is about ______.
- Every Heart A Doorway by Seanan McGuire. So, I’m planning on listening to the audiobook of this, which is only about 4 and a half hours when you listen to it on regular speed, so considering I tend to listen to audiobooks between 2x and 3x speed, this should take a max of about 2 and a half hours. As such, and because I can walk around with it, this will be completing the challenge of reading a book completely outside… I will be taking a lot of walks I guess.
- Now I Rise by Kiersten White. This will complete the challenge of reading a book about a character who is very different from you. Lada, one of the main characters, is very different to me as she is quite cold and brutal a lot of the time. This book is about 410 pages long.
- Angels’ Whispers by G. F. Cain. This isn’t actually being used to complete any challenges except to increase the number of books I’m planning on reading to complete the goal of reading at least 7 books. This is also a review copy, so I’m killing two bird with one stone on this one.
- Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett. Again, another book which is only being used to reach that goal of reading at least 7 books, but I hope I really like this one as I absolutely loved Night Owls (aka The Anatomical Shape of the Heart) when I read it last year.
- The Nest by Cynthia d’Aprix Sweeney. I’m actually already 31 pages into this books, so hopefully I can finish it during the week, but this is my extra book #8 so it’s my least priority.
- The Butterfly Project by Emma Scott. This will complete the challenge of reading a book in one day seeing as it’s a New Adult romance which I tend to read pretty quickly anyway, plus it’s under 300 words.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling. Obviously this is a reread, but it is also completing the challenge to read a book with a person on the cover. This book is also 620 pages long so it seems like a pretty stupid idea to read during a read-a-thon, but it’s where I’m at in my reread (plus I’ve read them so many times that I can basically skim read the whole thing because I practically know it off by heart.
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. This one will complete the last remaining challenge (obviously) and be a book I picked because of the cover.
THAT’S IT PEOPLE. Are you planning on participating? If so, please tell me what you plan on reading! Happy reading, Keira xx.