Hello everyone! Guess what? My book buying restriction really, really works! I only bought 5 books this month. SO MUCH IMPROVEMENT. In fact, I really only bought three books. So now I can actually talk about them again!
- Inside the Magic: The Making of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Ian Nathan (with a foreword by Eddie Redmayne). This is about the FB&WTFT film, which I absolutely loved. My mum bought this and the film for me to share with my sister (she gets to keep the film, I get the book) and although I haven’t read it yet, it looks really interesting and I’m looking forward to it! This counted as an additional book. You really don’t need to know what that means; it’s more for my own records than anything else, but if you want an explanation for that and/or to know about my book buying restriction, you can find it here!
- One Year Left by J. C. Robinson. I was contacted by the author and offered a chance to review this book and I said yes! It’s about a boy, Will, who moves to Portland in order to hopefully find a purpose in his ‘last year’ and the romance that blossoms between him and his new roommate, Kristen. This is a NA Contemporary novel.
- Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews. This is the first book in the Hidden Legacy series and follows a detective, Nevada, in a magical alternate version of our world, who is forced to hunt down a dangerous pyromaniac. In the process she meets Connor (or “Mad Rogan”) who is after the same guy and stuff goes down. This is an NA Urban Fantasy with a nice helping of smouldering, sarcastic wit and romance. This way my romance novel for the month.
- Ink by Alice Broadway is the first book in the Skin Books series and I know very little except that it is about a world where every thing about a person is inked onto their skin which is then made into a book upon their death. When I bought it in Waterstones, the cashier said she really liked it, so hopefully I will too. This was my other additional book.
- Finally, Bayou Moon by Ilona Andrews was a book I earned the right to buy by reading 10 books (I read more than 10, but every 10 I read I get to buy one). It is the second book in the Edge series (the first book is On the Edge) which is set in between our world and the fully magical world and basically, stuff happens and there is great romance.
What did you buy this month? Do you limit how many books you buy? Happy reading, Keira x.