Hello everyone! Today I will be talking to you about the 10 spring releases I am most excited for in chronological order (for the most part). All of these release dates are off of Amazon UK because that is likely where I will be pre-order them from, so they may differ based on where you are in the world and which retailer you get them from! Also, this managed to somehow look kind of colour coded. So that’s always cool.
- The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli is a YA Contemporary novel from the author of Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda and will be out on the 11th of April. It is a very very diverse read with some good romance apparently!
- Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett is ANOTHER Ya Contemporary novel from the author of Night Owls (also known as The Anatomical Shape of the Heart in the U.S.) with a cute romance. Night Owls was one of my favourite books last year, so I really hope this one is just as good. It will come out on the 6th of April (yeah, this one really should have been first- oh well… also the 6th was yesterday so this is already out).
- A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas is the third book in the New Adult Fantasy series A Court of Thorns and Roses and although it will be the last major book in this particular storyline, there will be 2 more novellas AND a three-book series set in the same world with some similar characters, but following a different story. This will come out on the 2nd of May, but Bloomsbury already has the finished copies and was giving sneak peaks on their Snapchat and I honestly DON’T KNOW HOW I CAN WAIT A WHOLE MONTH. Also, why does it have to come out on the 2nd and not the 1st… I could have read it on May Bank Holiday 😦
- The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan is the second book in the Trials of Apollo series and despite coming out on the 2nd of May, does not yet have a cover, hence the lack of a picture.
- The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich is a sort of Contemporary Romance with slightly evil teenage spy organisations thrown into the mix. This is also supposed to be a LGBTQIA+ book and I’m seriously excited for it! It will come out on the 16th of May.
- Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh is a Mulan retelling form the author of The Wrath and the Dawn and will be released on the 18th of May.
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon is a Contemporary Romance novel dealing with issues of arranged marriage with Indian-American main characters. It comes out on the 13th of June in the UK and I cannot wait.
- Thief’s Cunning by Sarah Ahiers is the companion sequel to Assassin’s Heart and is a YA High Fantasy novel. It comes out on the 13th of June.
- Now I Rise by Kiersten White is the sequel to And I Darken and is based on the story of Vlad the Impaler, except with Vlad being a girl as well as, no doubt, some other changes. It will be released on the 27th of June.
- Midnight Jewel by Richelle Mead is the sequel to The Glittering Court and is also released on the 27th of June.
Plus the special new editions of Harry Potter and the Philsopher’s Stone come out on June 1st (the ones with different covers for each Hogwarts House) so that will be exciting too!
What book are you most anticipating this spring? Happy reading, Keira x.