Hello everyone! Today I thought I would try WWW Wednesday, which is hosted by Sam @Taking on a World of Words. I’m not sure if it will be something I continue doing- it depends on how much I enjoy it. I read quite a lot of books in a week and don’t want to talk too much about them because spoilers for my Wrap Up! I think this will be about finding the balance between no information and too much information. Anyway, let’s just do this!
What have I recently finished?
- The Velocipede Races by Emily June Street and The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart were both rereads that I ended up giving 5 stars.
- Spindle by E. K. Johnston was a companion sequel to A Thousand Nights and after the first two chapters or so when I was trying to merge the two books together and failing because they are set hundreds of years apart I really enjoyed it and gave it 4.5 stars.
- Legacy of the Mind by H. R. Moore was a book I received as a review copy and gave 4.5 stars. My review will be coming sometime in later February, but I found the whole idea of the world really interesting and the love shape done very well.
- Last, but definitely not least, I read Pull by Anne Riley. Although I technically read this in January, as I finished it after posting my January Wrap Up it will count towards my February reading and was on my February TBR, which went up earlier today.
What am I currently reading?
I am currently reading Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. This book was on my 2017 Challenge TBR for ‘a book recommend to me by someone in the book club’ as Jackie, my co-moderator for the club, recommended it to me. I honestly can’t believe I waited so long to get into this book, although after I finish the first one I’m going to give Shadow and Bone a try before starting Crooked Kingdom to see if I like it- lots of people love it, but lots of people say its nowhere near as good as Six of Crows. Anyway, as for Six of Crows itself, I am currently on page 199 (40%) and I’m really, really loving it!
What do I plan on reading next?
- Depending on when I finish this book, I’m going to read Chameleon by Zoe Kalo as I have a review to post for it on the 11th.
- After Chameleon, though, I think I will pick up a contemporary or historical fiction!
That’s all! What have you read this week? Please feel free to leave links to your own WWW Wednesdays for me to check out. Happy reading, Keira x.