“In the bleak mid-winter
Frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron,
Water like a stone;
Snow had fallen, snow on snow,
Snow on snow,
In the bleak mid-winter,
– Christmas Carol
Hello everyone and happy December! Of course this is my favourite month of the year- Christmas, my birthday and a whole lot of fun blogging, outings and the chance to pick favourites (an agonising but very rewarding process). This month I’m mostly trying to finish books so that I can start off 2017 with a fresh slate!
- Ein ganzes halbes Jahr von Jojo Moyes. I am reading this with my German tutor (I’m doing IB Language A Prep instead of GCSE German). So far I’m really enjoying it and I’m 43% into it! I also want to finish this so I can use it for my Academy Book Awards.
- The Enchanted Castle by E. Nesbit. I have been reading this as an audiobook, but I think I’m just going to sit down after finishing a bigger book and bang it out quickly. I’m really enjoying it, but it’s very short and I’m only 35% through it.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. This one has been kind of neglected since I started reading the German book, but I’m about 23% in and really love it so far, so it won’t be much of a chore at all to finish it.
- Heir of Thunder by Karissa Laurel. This is the one book on my list that is not something I am already part-way through. This is actually a review copy that I received a couple of days ago and need to review on December 21st, so this is fairly high priority.
- Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari & Eric Klinenberg. I have been reading this since February and my main problem is getting distracted by other books, so one weekend I’m just going to sit down and knock this out. It’s very interesting, but as it is non-fiction I am easily distracted from it. I’m about half-way through it.
- The Original Folk and Faiy Tales of the Brothers Grimm. This one has been marked as ‘currently reading’ since July 2015, which is ridiculous. I refuse for it to continue into 2017. The main problem with this one is that it is lots of different stories, so I’m not halfway through a narrative. I am however 63% in, so it shouldn’t be too hard to finish off and it will be very rewarding when I do finish it.
And that’s it for my TBR. Happy reading, Keira x.