Hello everyone! Top 5 Wednesday is hosted by Sam @Thoughts on Tomes. I am only including books that I have already finished here, otherwise the answers would literally be the books I’m reading at the moment.
- A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin. This took me three months of continuous slow reading to finish.
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. This took me a couple of months, but in my defence I was reading it for German class so we had to read it at the pace dictated by the teacher.
- Das geheime Vermächtnis des Pan von Sandra Regnier. This German book took me a month to read, primarily because it was in German, which makes it in need of more concentration for me to read, in addition to slowing down my reading speed.
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. This took me two months to read, but I’m still making it number 4 and not number 3 because I spent two days reading it and then put it down for a month and then finished the rest of it in a week. So really, it wasn’t quite as long. Despite taking me so long to read, this one of my favourite books ever.
- A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin. Yes, this one only took me three weeks compared to the three months I needed for its sequel, but I read only one other book in the time it took me to read this one, whereas I read over 50 in the time it took me to read A Storm of Swords. In addition to this, I was actively reading this book for three weeks, whereas I was only occasionally reading A Storm of Swords. I found this one quite lagging.
And that is all! Happy reading, Keira x.
P.S. I was so tired writing this that I contemplated not doing it, so please excuse any errors I have inevitably made.