‘Considering the alternative… it’s not too bad at all.’ -Maurice Chevalier
I did DNF one book this month and it was one from my TBR. P.S. The books in italics are ones that I am currently reading. If a book in italics has been crossed out, it means that I completed the amount of progress I set myself to make.
Starting With The Books… My TBR
The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- The Complete Poetry of Edgar Allen Poe
- A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Uprooted by Naomi Novik
- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
Parrotfish by Ellen Wittlinger The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson Soulmates by Holly Bourne The Rose and the Dagger by Renée Ahdieh The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan
- Mist and Whispers by C. M. Lucas
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling
- Silver on the Tree by Susan Cooper
A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari and Eric Klinenberg The Original Folk and Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm
I read 16 books this month which isn’t as much as I would have liked to, but I did complete progress on all of the books that I wanted to and I did read nothing but a german book for one week (which I am currently reading). Speaking of books I am currently reading, there are three books (two from my TBR) apart from the two progress books that I didn’t finish entirely that I am currently reading , so I’m pretty happy. I did DNF one book on my TBR.
All the Books I Finished…
- The Rose and the Dagger by Reneée Ahdieh. This book was worth the wait for sure: 5 out of 5 stars. You can find my review for this book here.
- A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin. I finished it finally! I’m so proud of myself! I started enjoying the series (and getting annoyed at it) more and more, so a 5/5 stars to this one 🙂 I found, in the second half, to enjoy all of the POVs instead of just some of them. Martin managed to kill and deceive me with a couple of deaths and made me go on a rant in the middle of English class.
- The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi. This book was beautiful inside and out- 4.5/5 stars. You can find my review for this book here.
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik. This was beautifully written and beautifully designed, a definite 5/5 stars and a new favourite. I will be doing a review for this book very soon.
- The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan. I gave this book 4.5/5 stars. I really enjoyed it, but I waited so long in between reading the House of Hades and this one that I definitely didn’t get as much from it as I could have done. The House of Hades was actually originally on my TBR, but I realised that I had already read it.
- The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan. I gave this book 4.5/5 stars. I was pleasantly surprised by this next installment in the Greek Gods world of Rick Riordan books to come.
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas. I gave this book 4.5/5 stars… I liked it more than the first one! I will be doing a spoiler free review and a spoilery discussion of this book soon.
- Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan. 3.5 stars. This is highly addictive and fun to read, but nothing really special or new. One thing that bugged me… one of the characters (only briefly mentioned, but still) is called Jocelyn Fairchild. I checked: this book was published after City of Bones… how was this allowed to happen???
- Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan. Again, fast-paced and fun to read, but quite tropey and a bit love-triangle heavy. Good as a quick read/ to get out of a reading slump, but not about to be a favourite anytime soon. 3.5 stars.
- Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan. 3.5 stars. A certain person’s death killed me and the brothers are the most adorable people ever… I really love kids.
- The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin. 5 stars. My feelings are destroyed. I will be posting a review for this book shortly.
- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. 4.5 stars. I really, really enjoyed this book although it was a little bit insta-lovey, albeit not really. My major problem: the main character loves Wuthering Heights. I hate Wuthering Heights… you see my dilemma 😀
- Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi. I would have given this book 5 stars on GoodReads, but it is my second time reading it this year so I can’t enter it as a book for my challenge 🙂 At some point I will have to do a discussion or something on this book, but that isn’t happening right now 🙂
- Night Owls by Jenn Bennett. This was incredible- 5 stars. Sweet and tense and amazing. You can find my review for this book here.
- Parrotfish by Ellen Wittlinger. I really enjoyed this book and thought it was very insightful, but I thought the author could have made me feel more strongly about the events… I would also have liked to have known what happens with two certain characters at the end. I really enjoyed reading about Sebastian though! I gave this book 4 stars.
- Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertali. This was beautiful and sweet and the mystery was definitely not obvious! I absolutely, thoroughly loved it. I gave this book 5 stars.
On To Other Things…
- I DNF’d Soulmates by Holly Bourne at 12%. You can find my rant here.
- I bought Infinity Net by Yayoi Kusama for my mum (it was her birthday).
- I decided to stop reading Seide und Schwert von Kai Meyer and read it another time as I wasn’t feeling it and had only read about 8 pages.
- I went through a bit of a blogging slump for about a week, which corresponded with a reading… well, not slump, but I was getting through some books for progress and reading a german book, so my reading slowed down and I didn’t post at all. Oops!
- I bought I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson for my friend Amadea to give her as a birthday present in the summer.
That was all for my May Wrap Up! How was your reading month? Keira x.