‘People who want to appear clever rely on memory. People who want to get things done make lists.’
I am a list maker through and through. I like planning. This is why, despite not always sticking to my TBR, I always make a ridiculously long, ambitious one: I try and make my TBRs consist of 20 books, as that is how many books I read a month, on average. So, without further ado, these are the books I want to read in May!
The Ones I Need To Read
- The Star Touched Queen by Roshani Choskshi: A book club book.
- The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin: A book club book.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell: A book club book and a reread.
The Ones I Want To Read
- The Complete Poetry of Edgar Allen Poe
- The Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik
- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- Parrotfish by Ellen Wittlinger
- The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
- The Rose and the Dagger by Renée Ahdieh
- Soulmates by Holly Bourne
- The House of Hades by Rick Riordan
- Mist and Whispers by C. M. Lucas
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling
- Silver on the Tree by Susan Cooper
The Ones I Want To Make Progress With
- A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin: 150 pages, just like last time, as I did not read this book at all in April. I downloaded it on my Kindle to hopefully make it more accessible and faster to read.
- Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari & Eric Klinenberg: At least one chapter, as I read a total of one side in April.
- The Original Folk and Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm: 7 stories, as my goals for March and April were far to unattainable.
- Seide und Schwert von Kai Meyer: 3 chapters.
And there we have it, all the books I want to read in May! In other news, I won Camp NaNoWriMo, so now I just have to keep writing until July where there is another session!! Keira x.