Hello everyone! Today I’m going to be doing a sort of discussion post, but a personal one, rather than a book related one!
A lot of people complain about being short. And I mean yeah, it sucks when you have to climb on counter tops to reach cupboards. Or when your friend annoys you and you can’t mess up their hair (I can’t be the only one frustrated by that….no? Oh well, okay). And yeah, it sucks when jeans are too long for you because you live in a society of giants, but you know what? Being short is AWESOME. So here are the top ten reasons you should love being short. For the record, I’m 5’2″ (158cm).
- The bed will always be big enough. Hell, sometimes I sleep across the short side of my bed. This also makes sharing a bed REALLY easy.
- You can get the best view of things: people won’t mind you pushing through them to see, because they can see over you!
- You always have an excuse for being lazy and not putting something away. You can just say you couldn’t reach and get someone else to do it for you!
- Hugging people is really easy, no heads in the way! Unless they’re a girl. Then it can be somewhat awkward 😉
- Towels and blankets… they will nearly always be bigger than intended. More to cuddle with and keep you warm!
- Jumpers… the sleeves are so often too long…. who needs gloves, right? Also, you look adorable when you have your hands in your sleeves. That is just a fact.
- You will nearly always be shorter than your partner. I suppose this could be a blessing or a curse… at least cuddling is easy.
- Well, this might not apply to you, but if you are in school like I am, chances are you might have a locker underneath someone else, or beside someone else. It makes it hard to get to your locker when there are bodies there- but you can just go in-between the locker and the person with the locker above you or under the arm of the person next to you to get to your locker at no inconvenience to the other person… unless they are also short.
- It is way easier to duck things. Or compete in limbo.
- Finally, being short is part of who you are. And you are awesome. So why wouldn’t it be a good thing!!!
Okay, well that is it for this very random blog post. I’m feeling a little bit not-so-motivated at the moment as I am a little bit sick so sorry about that! Let me know below how tall you are and what you like about your height!