Hello everyone and welcome to my February TBR!!! This is really ambitious, with 27 books on my list, but I have a few reason: book club books, a read-a-long and required reading for school are all on this list as well as the books I am currently reading. Those are my main priorities.
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. This is the classic read for February and March, so I only want to read half of it this month. However, I am counting half of it as my TBR Jar Challenge because I have so many books to read this month. I tried to read this book when I was nine and stopped about three pages in…. I reckon I can do better this time.
- Temeraire by Naomi Novik: This is the first book in the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik and goes by the name ‘His Majesty’s Dragon’ in the US. This is the adult book club book for February, which I am hosting.
- The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson: This is a YA fantasy, the first book in a trilogy. It seems really interesting and is the YA book club book for February, which I am also hosting.
- Over Sea, Under Stone by Susan Cooper: This will be a reread for me! It is on my list of books I want to reread and is really short, so it should be quite quick. It also happens to be the middle grade book club book for February, which I am ALSO hosting.
- Truthwitch by Susan Dennard: This new release is one of my most anticipated releases of the year, which is why it is the new release book club book for February (which I also host). I pre-ordered this one at the end of last year.
- A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin: I bought a physical copy of this book a few days ago and I’ve just started reading it. It is really long, but I hope I can get through it at a reasonable pace considering how many books I need to read this month. I am 2% through this book.
- The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson: This is another long one, that has found its way onto my TBR because it was on my TBR last month and I didn’t get to it. I am still really interested, I only didn’t read it last month because my mum had it for a week.
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik: Another Naomi Novik book! I’ve been wanting to read this one for ages, so I’m really excited.
- Seraphina by Rachel Hartman: This is a library book which I keep renewing… I will likely renew it once this month, in a weeks time, and then I’ll have until the end of the month to read it.
- Das dunkle Prophezeiung des Pan von Sandra Regnier: This is the second book in the Pan-Trilogie, of which I read the first book last month. This would be my book in german for the month.
- Rebel Spring by Morgan Rhodes: This is the second book in the Falling Kingdoms series, which I am reading for a read-a-long. I have not yet started it, but I plan on doing so very soon. As of February 2nd, I have read this book.
- Gathering Darkness by Morgan Rhodes: This is the third book in the Falling Kingdoms series and the read-a-long for this one starts on the 17th of February.
- Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin: This was on my TBR last month and I didn’t get to it, despite being really excited for it, so here it is again!!!
- Of Love and Shadows by Isabell Allende: I like to have options for each genre and this one seems interesting!
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher: This is the anti-theme book club book for February, which I am hosting.
- Just One Day by Gayle Forman: This is the New Adult book club book for February, which Tasha is hosting. I will be checking this book out from the library.
- Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: This is the theme book club book for February, which Tasha is hosting.
- Night Owls by Jenn Bennett: This was on my TBR last month and I didn’t get to it, hence its appearance here on this list.
Mystery and General Fiction:
- The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy: This seems interesting, but I’m not going to beat myself up if I don’t read it, because I really just picked some books that I was interested in that fit in this category, in case I am in the mood or have extra time for reading.
- Bridget Jones’ Diary by Helen Fielding: Again, same story as the previous book. I feel like this might take less time than The God of Small Things, though.
- The Original Folk and Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm (translated and edited by Jack Zipes, illustrated by Andrea Dezsö): I have been reading this one since July, because it is a short story collection, but I haven’t made any progress in ages, so I want to more actively read this book. I am 42% through this book.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen: This is my TBR Jar Pick for this month as well as the classic read for the book club, which is being hosted by Jackie.
- Animal Farm by George Orwell: This is my required reading for English this month. I am already 27% through the book.
- Modern Romance by Aziz Ansari: This is the non-fiction read for February for the book club, which Jackie is hosting and my pre-order of the paperback arrived yesterday (the day it came out).
- Where Do Camels Belong? by Ken Thompson: This is the other book I have been reading since July and really need to finish. I am 49% through this book but have made no progress in awhile, so I want to change that.
- Ruins by Dan Wells: This is the last book in a trilogy. I read the second book back in June last year, so I really should have finished it already.
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline: I meant to read this back in June of last year as well, but I never got around to it.
Graphic Novels and Verse:
- Song of the Sparrow by Lisa Ann Sandell: This is the verse read for February, which I am hosting. The premise is really interesting, so I can’t wait to get started.
That’s it for now!!! Happy reading,