Hello everyone! So as I briefly mentioned in my previous post, I am going to be doing weekly reading and goals updates to keep myself on track. I am going to do this for two weeks this time, because I didn’t have the idea last week, but usually I will do one a week and it will be towards the end of the week (Thursday-Sunday time: Saturday is the last day of the week).
- Books Read: 12
- Average Rating: 4.2 stars.
Still to Read: 9
Das geheime Vermächtnis des Pan von Sandra Regnier A School for Unusual Girls by Kathleen Baldwin
- Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin
Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
- Night Owls by Jenn Bennett
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
- Peter Pan and Wendy by J. M. Barrie
- The Original Folk and Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm, translated by Jack Zipes and illustrated by Andrea Dezsö
- Where do Camels Belong? by Ken Thompson
Icicles Like Kindling by Sara Raasch Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
- The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
The Ice Dragon by George R. R. Martin, illustrated by Luis Royo A Thousand Nights by E. K. Johnston Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children: The Graphic Novel by Ransom Riggs and Cassandra Jean
- The Martian by Andy Weir
The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
- Kleider Machen Leute von Gottfried Keller
Okay, well now for what I am currently reading. I am really happy with the progress I have made on Jane Eyre and plan on finishing it in the next few days. I am currently on page 272 and the book is just over 600 pages long. I have made very little progress with both Peter Pan and Wendy by J. M. Barrie (I’ve read 10 pages: page 232) and The Original Folk and Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm (I have read one story: page 223). I am still only on page 29 (4 pages read) of Kleider Machen Leute von Gottfried Keller, but I have to finish reading it by Wednesday. I haven’t made any progress on Where do Camels Belong? by Ken Thompson and I have only just marked The Final Empire as currently reading, although I have not started it and will not start until I finish Jane Eyre, so it is kind of an honourary position to remind me of its.
- Books read: 2
- Books still to read: 4
- Pre-orders: 1
- Complete my Goodreads challenge of 150 books: well, I’ve read 12 so far, which puts me 8% into my challenge and 7 books ahead.
- Read at least a little bit each day: been going pretty well for me, even if it isn’t a lot.
- Complete TBR Jar Challenge: already done mine for this month.
- Read half of monthly TBR list: already there, so only up from here this month.
- Read more classics and graphic novels: I have already read one graphic novel and I am currently actively reading a classic, so this one is going pretty well as well.
- Keep TBR under 80 books: I’ve been doing really well with this and have gotten it down 5 books despite having already bought about 6 books this month.
WRITING AND STUDENT RESOLUTIONS
- Write a little bit every day: I’m struggling a little bit with this, but I am trying my best to get into a routine, so some progress is being made.
- Do my homework when I get it and manage my time more wisely: again, this hasn’t been going great but as I get back into a routine it is improving.
PERSONAL, DANCE AND FITNESS GOALS
- Be less stressed: I’m kind of getting along with this one. I’m definitely nowhere near as stressed as I was before the holidays, but I still need to work on taking some pressure off of myself.
- Ask for help when I need it: This one hasn’t been applicable yet because we’ve been working on stuff that we’re halfway through and so I pretty much understand.
- Keep my room tidy: This I’m pretty much failing at, but again, as I get into a routine it is slowly getting better.
- Finally achieve my box splits and my left leg forward splits: not made any progress here yet, I only had my first dance lesson of the year on Monday.
- Exercise at least three times a week outside of dance class and gym class: Yeah, I should probably try and work on this one again.
- Blog at least four times a week: Yep!
- Do more personal posts: I’ve done one so far!
- Continue Readers Recommendations: Oops!! I need to post about that!
- Do a Wrap Up every month: N/A
- Do more book reviews- at least two a month: I’ve done two already!
- Follow more blogs: I think I’ve followed a few more blogs, so yep!
ALL THE POSTS!
1st January 2o16-
2nd January 2016-
5th January 2016-
6th January 2o16-
- Teens Speak Up- Project Announcement (reblog)
7th January 2016-
11th January 2016-
15th January 2016-
IN REAL LIFE…
I went skiing for four days.
I watched Star Wars with some friends.
I went to a friends house.
I started back at school
ONWARDS TO BEYOND!!
Now that I’ve reminisced on all that has passed, it is time to think of what is to come… that sounds so serious. But here’s what is happening in the next week:
Goals for the Week:
- Finish Jane Eyre
- Finish Kleider Machen Leute
- Read a chapter of Where Do Camels Belong?
- Post on four different days (not four posts, four days when I post)
- Be more active checking my twitter
- Write a little bit everyday
- Exercise more
- I have Earth Summit, which is basically a massive presentation at school where I have to dress up fancily.
- I am having a Birthday Party over the weekend- we’re going out for dinner on the Saturday and then sleeping over at my place.
So that is it for now. This post was probably really confusing: sorry, it is quite late (or should I say early- it is 19 minutes into Friday). Let me know if you like this idea!
Happy reading! Keira x