Hello everyone! Today I am here with an enormous, overly-ambitious TBR. It is so large because I am reading a lot of books at the moment, I have some library books to read, a review book to finish, some required reading, some books to reread and then some other random ones. It never hurts to have a good selection, right? Also, you will notice that the description for one of the books is written in german. This is because it is a german book. I have included a brief translation.
REQUIRED READING FOR SCHOOL:
- The Honor Code: How Moral Revolutions Happen by Kwame Anthony Appiah- In English we are doing non-fiction texts. We have to pick one that we wanted to do, read it and then do a sales-pitch for it. I picked this one over the non-fiction book I am currently reading- Where do Camels Belong?- because I would have to reread what I already read to complete the work and to take notes. This book is also taking the place of Where do Camels Belong? on my TBR for this month, as I do not want to give myself the goal of reading two non-fiction books in one month. I have read the preface of this book already
- Das geheime Vermächtnis des Pan von Sandra Regnier- Ich habe ein ‘Parent-Teacher Conference’ am Donnerstag mit mein Deutschlehrer gehabt und wir haben darüber gesprochen, dass ich nicht die Worte meine Ideen zu kommunizieren habe und, dass ich nicht ganz sicher mit mein Grammatik bin. Dafür, hat meie Lehrerin gesagt, dass ich im Deutsch lesen soll. Vor ein Monate, bin ich am Zeite 58 von 414.
(For english-speaking readers: I have to read in German to help improve my vocab and grammar. I have been reading this book for a month and am on page 58.)
- Escape from Witchwood Hollow by Jordan Elizabeth- I was contacted by a rep of the author and asked if I would like a free copy of this book in exchange for a review, and I accepted. I need to finish and review this book by the end of this month as per my review policy (see the page ‘REVIEW POLICY’ for more information). I am on page 41 of 195.
BOOKS I AM CURRENTLY READING:
- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld- I am on page 61 of 425. I picked this book up during my reading slump and didn’t continue with it.
- Peter Pan & Wendy by J.M Barrie- I am reading my gorgeous illustrated edition of this book. I picked it up whilst going through my bookshelves and started reading. Like with Uglies, I picked up during my current reading slump and haven’t been able to continue with it. I am on page 44 of 272.
- The Original Folk and Fairy Tales of the Brothers Grimm (Translated by Jack Zipes, Illustrated by Andrea Deszö)- I don’t plan on finishing this story collection but I do want to read one story every week, minimum. I am on page 216 of 519.
- A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow by George R.R. Martin- I have the complete book (parts 1 and 2) on my Kindle but I want to split it up a bit more, so that I can prevent myself from getting into a horrible reading slump due to taking so long to finish the book.
- Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr- I picked this book up from the library because I recognised the name from a book I had on my Kindle a year or so ago that I no longer own and because it has fae in it, which I am into at the moment. If you have any fae read recommendations, let me know.
BOOKS I WANT TO REREAD:
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins- Mockingjay Part II comes out this month (November), and I can’t remember what happens in the second half of the book, so I want to reread it. This was also on my TBR for October.
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling- I re-read the first book last month and want to continue rereading the series. Also, my friend Sunny who is reading them for the first time is currently on this one, so we will be twinning… gosh, I hate that word.
- The Man from Pomegranate Street by Caroline Lawrence- This is the 17th and final book in the Roman Mysteries series and I have felt like rereading it for a while, so I plan on doing so.
OTHER BOOKS I WANT TO READ:
- The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson- I want to read this book because I am excited for it and also because I read every other book that I ordered from Amazon in October already- just not this one.
- Ruins by Dan Wells- I want to read this book because it is the last book in a series that has been sitting on my shelf for a while and also because I want to get it onto my read-and-not-favourites shelf so that I have space for christmas and birthday books on my TBR-and-favourites shelf.
- The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern- I still haven’t read a Cecelia Ahern book besides One Hundred Names. I own five Cecelia Ahern books.