Hello everyone! Today I am bringing to you a blog award! I was nominated for this award by the lovely Bianca @The Ultimate Fangirl so thank you very much! You should check out her blog!
Anyway, so, the way this works is:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site (which I personally believe should be common courtesy….).
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions given to you buy your nominator.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees
- Nominate 10 people for the award.
Now, to answer the questions…
If you get to pick between living in the world of the Moulin Rouge and Les Miserables, where would it be exactly?
Well seeing as I don’t know anything about Moulin Rouge or the world (like, I literally don’t know what it is although it does ring a bell) and I absolutely adore Les Mis (not the book though, I haven’t read that), I’m going to go with Les Mis. But it’s so sad, too, so… I don’t know.
Yay or nay? Pick a random character from two books. Did the ship sail or not?
I don’t really know what this question is asking… I would just share my OTPs but, turns out, my OTPs are major spoilers, and I can’t do that to people. Let us just say that Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (or more specifically: Heir of Fire and Queen of Shadows) as well as Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson (which I just finished, loved and really need the second book of… but it is a while off- it doesn’t even have a date of expected publication) have a special place in my land of OTPs. Oh, and so far, my ships haven’t sunk.
If you could hang out with a book blogger/booktuber for a day, who would they be?
Book blogger… Anthony from @aVeryAwkwardBlog just because he is really funny, awesome and I always enjoy talking to him over the internet. As for booktubers, Sasha from abookutopia would be cool to hang out with, I always really enjoy her videos.
Tell me about something unusual. Do you have unusual habits and hobbies?
I ruffle people’s hair. My friends, not strangers. I’m not a complete creep. Leading on from that, if a guy is wearing tons of hairgel (again, someone I know and am friendly with, not a stranger) I will automatically put his hair in the opposite way from which it is styled. Overly gelled hair doesn’t feel nice. This actually has a surprising success rate. I have a friend, Rian, who used to overly gel his hair and now he doesn’t (well, he does a little bit but that’s okay). I also hug people. A lot. I’m a very touchy-feely kind of person like that, I guess.
Can you recommend your all time favourite book through poetry?
I don’t really have a favourite book per se, so I am going to go with Warbreaker, as it is my most recent addition to my favourites. I’m pretty sure I wrote this in a few minutes, so it is probably not the best poem I’ve ever written.
a world of heavy dyes
and Awakeners that controversy provide.
a book of courts
where Awakeners do distort
where to worlds do fight
different yet the same
in a battle for love, death and religion
When was the last time you ate something amazing? Granted it’s pizza, you can skip this.
Actually, it wasn’t pizza. I don’t actually like pizza that much- it gives me a bit of a stomach ache. On Wednesday at school, we had something called International Meal where everyone in your homeroom has to bring in a food dish from their country (I go to an international school) and we get to try food from around the world. People always bring in some amazing food, so that was probably the last time I ate something amazing.
On a scale of 1 – 7, how often do overload in fangirling/fanboying?
4. Most of my friends have different fandoms to me. I am getting people to read Throne of Glass, though, so we’re getting there. And my friend Sunny is finally reading Harry Potter, so we’re getting there. Sunny is good to fangirl with. She’s read Fangirl…. let’s just say that we live up to the name of the book.
Latest on musical charts, what music do you often listen to?
I listen to a fair bit of Train, Birdy, Nickelback (yes, don’t judge) and classical ballet music. It’s beautiful.
Friends or How I Met Your Mother?
I don’t watch either. The only thing I watch on TV is Strictly Come Dancing and I watch it with the rest of my family. Of course, when Shadowhunters comes out and if (when) the Throne of Glass TV show is made, I will obviously watch those.
How did blogging affect you as a person?
To be honest, I’m not sure. It definitely made me talk more about books, which helped me bond with some people. It made me a lot busier but it has also given me a purpose and an outlet for my feelings as well as an audience with whom I can share my life with, which is surprisingly comforting.
Now, here are my questions/ challenges for the people I will tag:
- Have you read a Brandon Sanderson book? If not, you should.
- Review the last book you read using only words that begin with b.
- What colour would you say describes you as a person and why?
- If you imagine your life a year from now, where do you hope to be?
- Have you ever made your own bookmarks? If you have, show us a few!
- Choose two IRL friends and describe what makes them special to you. Take a moment to appreciate them. Why don’t you write down what you said and give it to them? Spread some kindness, it will do everyone some good.
- Where would you like to go this winter?
- Apple or Samsung?
- Do you prefer funny books or sad books?
- Do you ‘do favourites’? My mum doesn’t. I’ll tell you a story:
When my mum was five, she was asked by a teacher what her favourite colour was. She said she didn’t have one. The teacher’s response was that all five-year-olds have a favourite colour. So my mum said: “Yellow” and as the teacher began to look triumphant, my mum added, “with red spots.”
Josie @Josie’s Book Corner
Cristina @My Tiny Obsessions
Sam @A Blast of Random
Cátia @The Girl Who Read Too Much
Aimal @Bookshelves and Paperbacks
I’m not tagging 10 people, because I’m not. Ten people is a lot of people, you know.
That’s it for this post! I hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful day!