Hello everyone!!! I am here today to do a combination tag- two in one. I am doing it like this because that is how Aimal @Bookshelves and Paperbacks did it and she was the one who ‘tagged’ me. (She tagged everyone and then I commented that I was going to do it and she told me to consider myself tagged and to link her so that’s what I did 🙂 ) Syc from @The Lit Mermaid also tagged me for the How I Read Tag. Both of their blogs are great and you should defintietly pop over and check them out! Thanks guys!
How I Read Tag:
- How do you find out about new books to read?
From booktubers, other book bloggers, goodreads lists, sometimes amazon or friends. Often, I’ll just browse the library or a bookshop. Pretty much any way you can think of. Also, when you finish a Kindle book it gives your recommendations for if you liked that book.
- How did you get into reading?
I’ve actually always been ‘into’ reading. I have a picture of me as a baby in my cot reading a book and another one of when I was two and I had picked a book up off of my mother’s bookshelf and was pretending to read it…. by starting in the middle, but oh well… 🙂
- How has your taste in books changed as you got older?
Well, it’s changed a bit in that I read much more of a variety- I used to only read long series or middle grade fantasy or Harry Potter (yes, HP gets a category to itself- I read it like 15 times). Now I read books from all genres and in German as well as English.
- How often do you buy books?
A lot. Like way too much.
- How did you get into book reviewing?
I’m actually still bad at book reviews, or rather, not motivated to start them… probably because of school but hey, it’s getting better and I’m trying to do one or two a month.
- How do you react when you don’t like the end of a book?
I rant about it to my mum or to my friend Twisha (chances are, she probably hasn’t read the book but she will understand my emotions anyway). Or to the internet. Eventually I burn myself out (Throne of Glass reference anybody, no, okay…) and then I’ll go and lie down in my bed. Either I will pick up another book or find myself in a massive reading slump.
- How often do you take a sneak-peak at the ending of a book to see if there is a happy ending?
Never!!! I get annoyed if I read the last sentence when checking the page count so reading the page would make me die inside- unless I decide to DNF a book, like I did with Belle Epoque, then I sometimes read the ending just to find out what happens.
- How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
I have a Scribbless list. I used to use Goodreads but it has gotten a bit hectic. I am in the process of setting up a libib library but I think a list is probably the best for me. Also, I am in the process of setting up a TBR page for my blog but right now it just has a link to my personal, not detailed or anything list.
- Is your TBR pile mostly print or ebook?
- How do you determine which book you want to read next?
Sometimes I go off of what I want to read (mostly), sometimes what I need to read for whatever reason and if I really don’t know there is this thread on Goodreads called Pick Five where you pick a book out of the five given by the person who posted before you for them to read and then post your own five and someone will pick one for you. That seems like a complicated explanation, I hope it makes sense. The thread is, however, only for members of the bookclub Hooked on Books which you can join here. (It is basically read-a-thons.)
- Which book has been on your TBR the longest?
Peter Pan and Wendy by J.M. Barrie
- Which book did you recently add to your TBR?
The Martian by Andy Weir- I bought it yesterday.
- Which book is on your TBR strictly because of the cover?
None. Sure, there are covers which I absolutely love but considering my dad pays for the majority of my books, I can’t justify buying a book for the cover. Sometimes the cover does determine which format I get the book in.
- Which book on your TBR do you never plan on reading?
Again, none. If I never plan on reading it, I give it to my mum or my sister.
- I am changing this question slightly because I only have books that I own on my TBR so…. Which unpublished book are you most anticipating?
So many!!!! Carry On, Winter, the rest of the Sarah J. Maas books, The Wrath and the Dawn #2…. too many to name.
- Which book on your TBR has everyone but you read?
A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab
- Which book on your TBR does everyone recommend to you?
Umm, there isn’t one on my TBR because not many people recommend books to me but a friend did recommend The Name of The Wind by Patrick Rothfuss.
- Which book on your TBR are you dying to read?
The Invasion of the Tearling by Erika Johansen and The Princess Curse by Merrie Haskell
- How many books are on your TBR (changed from goodreads TBR because I am having issues with it)?
65 items including the 6 books I am currently reading.